COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Plans are being finalized for the 16th Executive Briefing Conference to be held September 8-10, 2021 at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. In any given year, the EBC provides a welcome respite for woodworking industry executives looking for a chance to network and learn with their peers in a comfortable setting. After the pandemic-induced cancellation of most 2020 conferences, the EBC at the bucket-list Broadmoor in early fall appears to be just what the doctor ordered.
“When early planning for last year’s Executive Briefing Conference began in 2019 the pandemic was not on anyone’s radar screen,” said Harry Urban, publisher of Woodworking Network, which owns and manages the event. “Flash forward through a year of tragedy and uncertainty and COVID 19 is still that unwelcome monkey on the world’s back. Thankfully the roll out of vaccines has allowed us to put face-to-face events back on the calendar.”
Urban said the EBC will have “hybrid” features, meaning key presentations will be streamed live and recorded for those that wish to experience the event remotely. “We’ll be using a full-featured event app that allows a wide range of virtual, hybrid and face-to-face event innovations to enhance networking, attendee interaction and overall participant experiences.“
The 2021 EBC consists of two and a half days of programming devoted to education, networking, plant tours including:
• Economic outlook for 2022 and beyond presented by Alan Beaulieu, president and a principal of ITR Economics. Renowned for being an accurate and straightforward economist, Beaulieu will provide forecast what the post-pandemic business environment will look like and provide a roadmap to recovery.
• A Keynote presentation by Jim Bouchard, founder of the “Sensei Leader” movement. Bouchard, a former drug addict turned leadership coach, will share ways managers can inspire, empower and guide their associates to cultivate their full potential for the benefit of themselves and their companies.
• Exploration of the latest design and material trends in the post-pandemic world by Kenn Busch, founder of Material Intelligence.
• Case studies: Top managers share how they are responding to disruptive changes created by COVID-19 while also preparing to seize new opportunities moving forward. (At press time, Woodworking Network confirmed that Ron Devillez, director of process engineering at Kimball International, will discuss his company’s unique engineering accomplishments).
• Networking and more networking. Attendees of the EBC will have ample opportunities to get acquainted with fellow participants during breaks and meals highlighted by Woodworking Network’s audience recognition reception honoring Woodworking Network’s 40 under 40, the WOOD 100, Women of Woodworking, Market Leaders, and the FDMC 300.
Tours: Woodworks Millshop and The MiLL -- EBC attendees will tour two nearby facilities, Woodworks Millshop and the MiLL. Woodworks Millshop, is a high-end architectural woodworking company that has made custom cabinetry, furniture and millwork for customers from coast to coast. In addition to touring the company's 18,000-square-foot facility, EBC attendees will be able to see a prime example of Woodworks Millshop's craftsmanship: the Broadmoor's renovated Pourtales Library. The MiLL National Training Center is a 46,000-square-foot facility that focuses on lean manufacturing and uses the latest woodworking technology to develop work-ready employees for the industry.
About the Broadmoor
The Broadmoor welcomes guests to a legendary Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond resort with impeccable service and distinctive amenities. Here, the spirit of the West inspires the adventurer within, providing endless opportunities to explore the picturesque mountains, streams, and canyons that have inspired generations. Whether you are interested in zip lining adventures and horseback riding, Colorado fly fishing, or an indulgent day at the spa, you’ll find endless activities for every age in every season.
Stiles Machinery will return as a Platinum Partner in the technology category for EBC 2021. Additional Partner Program sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact Harry Urban - firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration for the 2021 Executive Briefing Conference will open in Spring.