MANHEIM, Lancaster County, Pa. -- Crows Nest Software, developer of project management/ERP software used by manufacturers of custom cabinets, store fixtures, and other wood products, will demonstrate the latest updates to its comprehensive digital platform at Wood Pro Expo Lancaster, Oct. 14-15 at the Spooky Nook Sports complex.
Some of the many recently added features Crows Nest will showcase at booth #308 enhance estimating, scheduling, task management, RFQ processing, progress billing, and inventory.
- Estimating markup can be controlled in multiple levels, such as overall labor and material markup, and or grouping by grouping markup or individual markups on an item-by-item basis.
- Crows Nest’s flexible parametric estimating capability has been enhanced through the addition of more user-defined field types.
- Shop tasks across all projects may be scheduled in their entirety, resulting in an impact on the overall schedule from an individual work order change within any project.
- Scheduling of machinery and human resource availability on hourly increments are also taken into consideration. Scheduling may be prioritized by each work order’s due date or by an assigned priority value.
- Task management has been enhanced with predecessors needed for Crows Nest’s enhanced scheduling. Task budget hours fed from Crow’s Nest estimating form the basis of each task duration. Crows Nest’s labor tracking feature updates each task’s “remaining hours” that are subsequently passed to the enhanced scheduling for up-to-the-minute, real-time scheduling.
- Request for quote processing is now directly associated with an estimate for trackability of pricing.
Progress billing G702 and G703 reporting:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) Style G702 and G703 progress billing reports are now available.
- Inventory of quantities of raw materials, hardware, etc., may now be updated via custom bar-coded labels.
Learn more about Crows Nest software at crowsnestsoftware.com.
Read about how companies like Vogo Cabinets, Interior Components Group, and Byrne Custom Joinery have benefited since implementing Crows Nest Software throughout their operations.
About Wood Pro Expo
Wood Pro Expo is a regional event for woodworking businesses that brings together suppliers and experts for a localized presentation of equipment and supply solutions. WPE includes a strong educational program on best practices for shop production including CNC basics, employee recruitment, finishing, lean manufacturing, business management, software, and shop safety. The expo features a wide variety of equipment and supplies geared to small and medium-size shops.
The 2021 edition of Wood Pro Expo Lancaster takes place Oct. 14-15 at the Spooky Nook Sports Center/Warehouse at the Nook in Manheim (Lancaster County), Pa. For information visit woodproexpolancaster.com.
For exhibitor information contact Lewis Goldman at email@example.com or phone 800-969-2212.
More upcoming Woodworking Network events
Wood Machinery & Supply Conference & Expo (WMS), Feb. 24-26, 2022, International Centre, Mississauga, Ontario.
Closets Conference & Expo co-located with Wood Pro Expo California, April 27-29, 2022, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, Calif.
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.