ITASCA, Ill. -- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) released its preliminary Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards for fiscal year 2021.
The list was presented at the 2021 NSC Safety Congress & Expo, this past October.
Fall Protection (1926.501) remains at the top of the list for 11 years in a row, followed by Respiratory Protection (1910.134) and Ladders (1926.1053). Hazard Communication, which spent the last several years at number two, moved to the fifth spot on this year's list.
"Throughout the pandemic workplace safety has become more important than ever," said Lorraine Martin, NSC president and CEO. "Although incredible advancements are made in safety each year, the OSHA Top 10 list reminds us that we must continue to pinpoint areas where we can improve so we can better prioritize workplace safety in the future world of work."
The Top 10 most frequently cited workplace safety standards for FY 2021 are:
- Fall Protection – General Requirements (1926.501): 5,295 violations
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134): 2,527
- Ladders (1926.1053): 2,026
- Scaffolding (1926.451): 1,948
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200): 1,947
- Lockout/Tagout (1910.147): 1,698
- Fall Protection – Training Requirements (1926.503): 1,666
- Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – Eye and Face Protection (1926.102): 1,452
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178): 1,420
- Machine Guarding (1910.212): 1,113
Have something to say? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.